Since its emergence in 1935, the 12 steps of addiction recovery have helped millions of people address a wide range of substance abuse and dependency problems. What are the 12 steps of addiction treatment in Massachusetts? Keep reading to find out.
The 12 Steps of Addiction Treatment in Massachusetts
- Admit that we are powerless over our addiction and that our lives have become unmanageable.
- Believe that a power greater than ourselves can restore us to sanity.
- Make a decision to turn our will and our lives over to the care of God as we understand Him.
- Make a searching and fearless moral inventory of ourselves.
- Admit to God, ourselves, and another human being the exact nature of our wrongs.
- Are entirely ready to have God remove all these defects of character.
- Humbly ask God to remove our shortcomings.
- Make a list of all persons we have harmed, and become willing to make amends to all of them.
- Make direct amends to such people wherever possible, except if it will injure them or others.
- Continue to take personal inventory and when we are wrong promptly admit it.
- Seek through prayer and meditation to improve our conscious contact with God, as we understand Him, praying only for knowledge of His will for us and the power to carry that out.
- Having had a spiritual awakening thanks to these Steps, we try to carry this message to addicts and to practice these principles in all our affairs.
Begin your journey towards sobriety by getting addiction treatment in Massachusetts today. Contact our experienced team at New England Recovery and Wellness to learn more.