Millions of people in the United States are currently suffering from alcoholism and need to receive alcohol treatment in New Hampshire. Keep reading to learn the exact numbers and more statistics about alcohol abuse that everyone should know.
9 Statistics About Alcohol Abuse
- 5 million adults need treatment for alcohol abuse or dependency.
- Out of the 18.5 million, only 1.6 million receive alcohol addiction treatment at a treatment center.
- 9% of people over the age of 18 have reported that they’ve engaged in binge drinking within the past month.
- 9 million Americans drink heavily, which is 5 or more drinks in one sitting for 5 days or more.
- About 100,000 people die every year from alcohol-related causes such as drinking and driving, car crashes, falls, fires, alcohol-related homicides and suicides, and other accidents.
- More than 7,000 children under the age of 16 drink their first alcoholic beverage every day in the United States.
- People who begin drinking before they turn 15 are four times more likely to develop alcoholism than those who begin at age 21.
- 32% of all traffic fatalities are caused by drunk drivers.
- An average drunk driver has driven drunk 80 times before their first arrest.
Seek Alcohol Treatment in New Hampshire Today
If you are one of the millions of people suffering from alcoholism but not receiving alcohol treatment in New Hampshire, we can help. Here at New England Recovery and Wellness Center, we offer treatments and recovery experiences that are tailored to your individual needs. Contact our experienced addiction professionals today to learn more.