Drug addictions are very complicated. In fact, many people who are currently suffering from a drug addiction don’t fully understand them themselves. However, there are a few things that anyone who hopes to get and stay sober should know about drug addictions before going to drug rehab centers in New Hampshire. Keep reading to learn about everything you need to know in order to have a successful recovery.
5 Things to Know Before Going to Drug Rehab Centers in New Hampshire
- A drug addiction is a chronic disease that’s characterized by compulsive drug use, regardless of any harmful consequences that comes with using.
- Drug usage cause changes in the brain over time that makes it harder to practice self-control and resist intense urges to take drugs, which is why relapses are so common.
- A relapse is the use of drugs again after trying to stop. A relapse is a sign that more or different treatment is needed.
- Most drugs affect the brain’s reward circuit by flooding it with dopamine, which causes an extremely pleasurable “high”. However, over time, the brain adjusts to the excess dopamine and reduces the high, an effect known as tolerance. As a result, more of the drug needs to be taken to achieve the same results.
- Drug addiction can be successfully managed and is treatable.
Now that you know the facts, it’s time to begin your journey to sobriety at drug rehab centers in New Hampshire. Contact New England Recovery and Wellness to start fighting your addiction today.