Our nation is currently in the midst of a prescription drug crisis. Every day, more and more people become dependent on prescription medications, and this is something that should not be taken lightly. Keep reading to learn about 5 shocking statistics about prescription drug abuse. Then, make sure to contact our drug rehab in Massachusetts to learn more.
5 Statistics About Prescription Drug Abuse
- 52 million people in the United States over the age of 12 have used prescription drugs for non-medical reasons in their lifetime. 6.2 million people have used them non-medically in the past month.
- The United States consists of 5% of the world’s population yet consumes 75% of the world’s prescription drugs.
- Every year, enough prescription painkillers were prescribed to medicate every American adult every 4 hours for 1 month.
- 2% of prescription drugs are obtained FREE from a friend or relative and 81.6% of them were prescribed by one doctor.
- 62% of teens use prescription drugs because they are easy to get from their parent’s medicine cabinet.
Get Help at Our Drug Rehab in Massachusetts Today
Don’t become a statistic. If you or a loved one is suffering from a prescription drug problem, let our drug rehab in Massachusetts help. We understand that there are varied roads to recovery and everyone faces different challenges. As a result, here at New England Recovery and Wellness Center, we are dedicated to providing you with a treatment and recovery experience that is tailored to your unique needs. Contact our addiction professionals for immediate assistance today.