Teenage drug abuse has become a serious problem. If your teen is already suffering from a drug addiction, it’s essential that they seek help from a drug rehab near Boston. However, knowing the reasons behind teenage drug addiction can help you create a better strategy to prevent the drug addiction from beginning in the first place. What are the most common reasons for teenage drug addiction? Keep reading to find out.
Top 7 Reasons for Teenage Drug Addiction
- Stress: One of the biggest reasons for teenage drug abuse is to deal with stress and pressures at school, after-school jobs, extracurricular activities, and/or home.
- Low Self Esteem: Teenagers with a lack of confidence are more likely to seek acceptance from the wrong crowd by using drugs.
- Boredom: If a teen doesn’t have enough activities going on, can’t tolerate being alone, or has difficulty keeping themselves engaged, they may turn to drugs for a little bit of excitement.
- Rebellion: Since many adults do not agree with drug usage, teenagers may use drugs to rebel against their parents or teachers.
- Instant Gratification: Drugs work extremely fast. As a result, teenagers may use drugs as a shortcut to happiness.
- Social Acceptance: Teens may use drugs to feel cool since drugs have become a regular part of the teenage social culture.
- Misinformation: Inaccurate information about drugs and their consequences is a common factor behind teenage drug addiction.
Contact Our Drug Rehab Near Boston to Learn More
If you have any questions about drug abuse or would like to help your teenage get sober, our drug rehab near Boston can help. Contact our addiction specialists at New England Recovery and Wellness Center today to learn more.