If you or someone you love is caught in the clutches of addiction, there are a few things about heroin addiction that you need to know. Don’t worry, our heroin rehab in Massachusetts is here to help you get informed. Keep reading to learn some of the most important facts about this harmful drugs and how it gravely impacts the lives of those who abuse it.
5 Facts to Know About Heroin Addiction
- Heroin can cause serious long-term health problems to those who abuse it. This includes health issues that aren’t directly associated with the drug itself, such as HIV or hepatitis.
- The way that heroin is abused is changing. 15 years ago, more than 75% of all heroin users took this harmful drug by injecting it. However, nowadays that number is shrinking due to the rising popularity of snorting the substance.
- Heroin is an extremely costly habit. The average heroin addict spends somewhere between $150 to $250 daily in order to use it.
- There are a number of street names and slang terms associated with heroin, including H, smack, horse, junk, train, and chiva.
- Heroin is sneaking into schools with 3% of all high school seniors stating that they will have used heroin at least once by the time they graduate.
Contact Our Heroin Rehab in Massachusetts to Learn More
There’s no hiding from the biggest fact about heroin addiction: heroin will ruin the lives of all who abuse it. If you or a loved one is suffering from a heroin, it’s time to seek help from our heroin rehab in Massachusetts. Contact New England Recovery and Wellness Center for immediate assistance today.