Are you worried that your beloved friend or family member is suffering from a heroin addiction? Then keep an eye out for these visible warning signs of heroin abuse and enlist in the help of a heroin rehab in New Hampshire.
9 Visible Traits of a Heroin Addict
- Droopy Appearance: Their eyes will close and jolt awake. Additionally, arms and legs will appear as if they are heavy.
- Irregular Pupils: Constricted pupils are often a telltale sign of heroin abuse. Meanwhile, users withdrawing from heroin typically have dilated pupils.
- Avoids Eye Contact: A heroin addict will likely display nervous behavior such as avoiding eye contact.
- Runny Nose: Heroin addicts who snort the substance often appear to have a chronic cold.
- Poor Hygiene: A decline in personal hygiene and appearance is common with people suffering from a heroin addiction.
- Long Sleeves: Heroin abusers often wear long sleeve tops in order to hide track marks at the injection sites in the arms.
- Skin Picking: Heroin causes the body to release histamine, which leads to itchy skin and skin picking among heroin addicts.
- Weight Loss: Due to its appetite suppression affects, dramatic and rapid weight loss as well as malnutrition is a common side effect of abusing heroin.
- Missing Shoelaces: A heroin addict is often missing shoelaces since they can be used to tie off heroin injection sites.
Contact Our Heroin Rehab in New Hampshire to Learn More
If your loved one is suffering from a heroin addiction, our heroin rehab in New Hampshire can help. Contact New England Recovery and Wellness Center for immediate assistance today.